Because TLC Associates have teaching loads and additional campus responsibilities to schedule around, we must schedule an appointment to meet with them for teaching and learning center counsel and training.
What Does a TLC Associate Do?
- Counsels faculty in like disciplines on best practices in teaching and technology in person on campus and/or via LOTS (Live Online TLC Support).
- Provides a webpage identifying areas of expertise and an appointment calendar for fellow faculty to find to request one-on-one training/mentoring appointments. These are linked underneath their pictures above.
- Participates in COLT (Collaborative Online Learning and Teaching) committee http://sites.southseattle.edu/colt/
As faculty themselves, TLC Associates understand that many faculty ...
- are unaware of the TLC and its offerings - so TLC-A's seek out faculty with like disciplines to offer their teaching and technology experience in the form of training and counsel.
- are very busy - scheduled workshops are difficult to attend with their varying schedules - so TLC-A's offer one-on-one appointments to provide training and counsel.
- are interested in online delivery of course materials but don't want to become web developers - so TLC-A's focus on sharing easy to use tools to help faculty delivery course materials and information effectively to their students, peers and administrators
- appreciate best practices regarding online teaching and face-2-face teaching - so TLC-A's share their own experiences to help guide and recommend tried and true technology and teaching tips
- appreciate a brief follow up after training/assistance - so TLC-A's will want to check back with you to determine the value of your training/work together and if they can be of further service.
- appreciate online (text and video) training materials that support their individual needs - so TLC-A's typically produce and share text, website and video training resources often based upon questions and discoveries made with you.