Prior to registration:If
you have never taken an online class before, start with this Is eLearning for Me? quiz. You may notice that although it is geared towards the WAOL/ANGEL student, it's really good all-around information for all online students. It will help you
understand what eLearning is, and if it is a good choice for you.
To register for a class, you must first have a Student Indentification Number (SID). To acquire this you must be enrolled at one of our campuses (South, North or Central). Additionally, if you are enrolled at North or Central, but not through South, you will need to fill out an online application in order to open up a record in South's system.
With an SID # in South's system you can choose an online class from our Course Listings page and then register.
After you have decided on a class here are several links that may be of assistance.
- Check the technical requirements of the class and
make sure you will be able to meet them. They could include computer needs, class visits
required, need for a VCR or ability to access one on campus.
- You may want to speak with an advisor to understand your scholastic goals and how to
achieve them. Visit our list of SSCC's advisors: http://southseattle.edu/resources/advisors.htm
- If you require financial aid you need to contact the campus Financial Aid department.
- Attendance Verification Form: The Financial Aid department would prefer that your instructor send them proof of your online attendance, following the rules for this. However, you may instead come to the eLearning office in person for a proxy signature. Make sure your form is filled out, including your SID and the item numbers of the online classes you are taking. We will gladly sign for your instructor. Note the correct telephone number is (206) 934-5317.
the 4th day of the quarter, instructor
permission is required for you to register into any class, if there is room. ELearning students can either come to campus in person or email the instructor
to request permission to enroll in the course after the 4th day. Once you have attained permission to register, you will contact the Registration office and find out the best way for you to register in person (fastest) or via email request (if you are out of the area). Contact the Registration office at (206) 934-7938 for all questions regarding late registration. Make sure that your request includes your full name, Student Identification Number (SID), course
and item number so Registration has the information needed to enroll
you, as well as proof of instructor permission.
- To view your current schedule visit https://sccdweb.sccd.ctc.edu/seasou/waci003.html or
contact SSCC's Registration office for more information.
- Student resources and services: http://www.southseattle.edu/student-resources/
Enrolling in a class:
If you are
student you need to read and complete the steps in Admissions/Registration before you can register for the class.
If you are
a current returning student, or former student you can sign up for an online class using the
registration or in-person registration like you
would for any other class.
After you register for your class it is important to check for
the Tuition Payment Deadline. If you
miss this deadline you will lose your space in the class and may be unable to re-enroll.
YOU MUST HAVE AN EMAIL ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO TAKE AN ONLINE CLASS.
- NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ACCOUNT LISTED WITH THE CAMPUS?
Confirm your student contact info today!
- IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR A FREE STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT.
CONTACT THE ELEARNING OFFICE AT 206.934.7930
- STUDENTS REGISTERED FOR CLASSES AUTOMATICALLY HAVE A STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT - FIND OUT HOW TO LOG IN HERE: http://sites.southseattle.edu/email/