Due to the increased awareness of food-born illness and the
importance of proper hygiene, the following guidelines have been
established for everyone's well-being and peace of mind.
- Food must arrive at preschool in its original sealed package, (e.g. crackers, store- purchased bakery/deli foods).
- All fruits and vegetables must be washed thoroughly at school.
- All baked/cooked food must be prepared at school. Muffins, breads, etc. may not be prepared at home and brought to school.
groups (2 years and younger) will provide children with individual
servings. Food will not be served in a community basket.
- Preschool groups Q years and older) will be served family style. Tongs will be provided for children for self service.
- To prevent unnecessary food waste, only small portions should be served, with seconds available for those who need more.
- Unserved food will remain in food preparation area. Snack parent must take this food home at the end of the school day.
- Served, but uneaten food will be garbaged or put in a worm box.
must be washed before preparation of snack, before eating snack, and
after toileting. All adults must monitor this closely.
- Garbage must be emptied at the end of each day.
(See also Food Preparation and Clean-up.)