Managing Enrollments

"These are the steps I use for the Canvas courses I teach when I encounter tuition waiver and/or military students awaiting tuition processing so they don't get behind in my classes at the start of the quarter" (Sara Newman)
  1. Make my Canvas course(s) publichttp://guides.instructure.com/m/4152/l/57093-how-do-i-set-a-license-for-my-course-and-make-it-publicly-visible

2. Copy/share my Canvas URL (web address) with only my students who don't have access to my Canvas course(s) at the start of the quarter.

3. Make sure these students know they have "read only" access to my Canvas course(s) until they have their tuition situation resolved. And that this is a temporary fix.  Meaning they can not participate in our course discussion forums, take quizzes. or submit assignments until they're able to properly login once their tuition has been processed.  I also let them know I don't ding their grades for late submissions during this brief timeline at the beginning of our quarter - as long as they demonstrating to me (in other ways - email, etc.) that they're participating.

4. Make sure these students know there's a cut off date. For example, I tell my students 10th day is the cut off date for public access but I'm flexible based upon their situations. 

5. Remove public access settings to my Canvas courses once all of my students can successfully login.

Managing Enrollments