|Place your headset
comfortably on your head, move the mouthpiece near your
mouth and nose. Then open your CAN8 application and
go to a lesson with sound in it for you to test.
Check your volume controls in the following three places: Headset, Computer Systems Tray, CAN8 Application
HEADSET "volume controls" on its CORD?
- Take a look at your headset cord and see if it has a volume (and/or
mute) control, too.
- The headsets we use on campus have a volume control that holds batteries
but we don't use them.
However the control features on it still work (batteries only amplify
the effect) ~ so you'll still want to check the controls to be sure
they're turned on and up.
- Adjust its volume and/or mute, as needed.
Your Computer's SYSTEM [sys] Tray
The APPLICATION CAN8 has
a Volume control, too.
The last place to check is within the application's "lesson",
- Open a lesson and locate the volume button, found in
the top right corner of a lesson's screen.
- Click on the speaker button to reveal CAN8's volume control.
- Adjust the volume by click and dragging the color up and down, as
If none of the 3 listed above techniques work try the following:
- Get yourself a different headset or move to
a different computer.
- Then let your instructor know if there's a
concern we need to report to SSCC's Computer service.