Required SKILLS

IMPORTANT: BEFORE you take online classes, you must have the 11 computer and study skills listed below!

If you can't answer "Yes" to all eleven questions, you're not ready for online learning.
Please contact us (E-Learning) so we help you determine what you need to get ready for online learning

Please review the following eleven list of requirements to assess your "online course" readiness:

1. I know how to connect to the Internet (Web) using a web browser and can determine its "version"
  2. I can navigate around the Internet (Web) and know how to use search engines.
     - If not, visit http://searchenginewatch.com/facts/ for tips
  3. I know how to send and receive e-mail using the e-mail system of my choice and proper "net"iquette.
     - New to e-mail? Visit http://www.albion.com/netiquette/index.html for tips.
  4. I know how to perform basic word processing, including cutting and pasting.
  5. I know how to open, save, and manage digital files on a computer.
  6. I have access to a computer 5-7 days, per week.
  7. The computer I use meets the basic requirements for online classes.
    - Some courses may have additional requirements. Check the course description for more information.
    - Minimum computer configuration required:
      Operating Systems: Windows XP or MAC OSX
      Browsers: Internet Explorer 7 or newer ~ Also, try browser FireFox 3.0
    AOL is currently not recommended for use with ANGEL. 
  8. I have 12 to 20 hours a week to work on each online class (always refer to your instructor's course syllabus for specifics).
  9. I can motivate myself to log in to the virtual classroom at least 5 days a week.
  10. I have good reading comprehension and written communication skills, and I enjoy communicating in writing.
  11. I enjoy figuring things out on my own but am able to ask for help when I need it.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE you take online classes, you must have the 11 computer and study skills listed above!

Please contact us (E-Learning) so we help you determine what you need to get ready for online learning